Thursday 17 February 2011

Paper Artist Research

Rob Ryan




I have always really admired Rob Ryan's work and find the intricate cuttings that he applies to create delicate and detailed silhouettes interesting. I would like to use him as a influence in my work, possibly applying it to task two, which involves creating a poster celebrating GF Smith's 100 year anniversary..

Richard Sweeney




The workshops that we are currently taking are being taught by Richard Sweeney, after seeing a few examples of his work that he brought to the session, I really wanted to research more of his work as I found it really fascinating how he manages to produce brilliant forms of art through paper.

Su Blackwell




Su Blackwell is a brilliant paper artist who cuts into books to create scenes from the books or otherwise. I find it really interesting to look at her work as she manages to turn the book and the story into a 3D image that gives her artwork a great atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment